Welcome! My name is Ben Fernmoor and I own and operate Ben’s Cookery School here in Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
WHAT DO WE COLLECT, STORE AND WHY?
Our School uses online sales software called Woocommerce. Woocommerce will track and collect information about you during the booking process including:-
- Your name, billing address, home address, email address, phone number, username and password: used to provide you with information about your account and booking, respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints, set up your customer account, comply with any legal obligations, such as calculating taxes, improve our school, send you marketing messages (if you choose to receive them)
- Your credit card/payment details and billing address: used to process payments and prevent fraud
- Your location, IP address and browser type: used for purposes like estimating taxes
- Your address: used for membership and account purposes
- Cookies: used to show you the courses you’ve recently viewed and to keep track of bookings while you’re browsing
- Your comments on our service and classes: used to improve our customer experience
If you create an account with us, your name, address, email and phone number is stored and used to populate the checkout for future bookings. This information is stored as long as its needed – we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
Data collected during the payment process (including name, billing address, credit card/payment details and order information) is stored for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION?
At present only the school owner and instructor Ben Fernmoor has access to this information. If this changes we will tell you about it.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS?
Our school is also protected by software called Defender. Defender uses WPMU DEV third-party cloud storage to store backups of its audit logs where personal information is collected.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
When clients leave comments on our Site we collect the data shown in the comments and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For clients that register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Our administrator(s) can also see and edit that information.
When you complete and send us a contact form or any other email correspondence we will keep your name, email address and message contents for 7 years. This is used for tax, accounting and administration purposes. We do not use this information for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our Site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE OVER MY DATA?
If you have an account on our Site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
HOW IS MY DATA PROTECTED?
Ben’s Cookery School securely stores your information on an encrypted server protected by up-to-date security measures such as 2-step verification.
The ‘https’ prefix on our website address along with the padlock symbol in the browser window means your payment information is encrypted.
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying information.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a potential or actual security breach occurs we will take the following action:-
- inform you of such a breach, the risks posed and the measures we are taking to secure the breach
- investigate and identify the origin, cause and extent of the breach and inform you of this
- take all necessary measures to re-secure sensitive information and inform you of our actions and any actions you should take
- take steps to prevent a reoccurrence
If you have any privacy-specific concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org