about the kitchens
My classes are held in various third-party kitchens within and around Whangarei. These kitchens include community halls, schools and churches and all are well-equipped facilities suitable for our students and our classes.
All the equipment we need is usually found within the facility, although I do provide some equipment myself. You are welcome to bring in equipment from home if you want to learn how to use it or would prefer to use your own.
To keep course fees as low as possible I ask students to bring along their own ingredients. A list of these is provided with each course booking. There is also the option (on most courses) for students to pre-purchase these ingredients from me ready for their course.
We also ask students to bring along the following items to each class:-
- an apron
- to wear footwear with closed in toes (NO Jandals!)
- to wear pants if possible
- a pen and notebook is useful
- a ring binder (or similar) if you want to keep your recipes on file
For all the nitty-gritty details I’m afraid you need to take a look at the Terms and Conditions – don’t worry, there is a quick version in simple language.
Please Note: Our venues also have their own Terms & Conditions – in the event of a contradiction in Terms – those of the venue always take priority.
The current list of our venues is:-
Kamo High SchoolThis forms part of the CEW programme (Community Education Whangarei) and utilises the school’s well-equipped teaching kitchens.
Ample parking is located on Wilkinson Avenue where the bus bays may be used outside of school hours.
Go to the CEW home page for a map location of rooms B03 & B04 where our classes are held.
Whangarei Central Baptist ChurchThis church has a very well equipped kitchen, ample space and is in an ideal location in Kensington. There is plenty of parking on Wolfe St.
- All our kitchen venues are wheelchair friendly.
- We will do our best to cater for additional learning needs (such as ASD, dyslexia etc). Please let us know how we can help at time of booking.
Carers always have a free place!
- Some classes may not be suitable for people with food allergies, special or religious diets – this information is provided on each course plan.